The largest optical event in the UK, 100% Optical, is back, bigger and better than ever when it returns for its eighth edition in January 2022, with a host of new features and an even stronger focus on sustainability.
Visitor registration for 100% Optical is now live; the three-day show at ExCeL London from 22nd to 24th January 2022, will be the first major optical event since the start of the global pandemic.
The UK’s only show for the sector, 100% Optical is backed by all the industry’s leading organisations, including AOP, ABDO, OSA and AIO.
The AOP will deliver all CPD content at the show, including The Optical Academy – a key part of 100% Optical, it will feature a schedule of seminars with accredited education.
With thousands of products on display from 200 exhibitors, new names including La Marca, Düsseldorf Eyewear, Hublot, Bonavista, Nine Eyewear, Bellinger and Centrostyle and with more than 85% of exhibitor slots already taken, the show is on track to be the best yet.
Europe’s fastest-growing optical event, 100% Optical brings together nearly 10,000 optical professionals from across the globe and will be the first opportunity in two years for the industry to get back together again.
Key show features include:
- Future Practice Hub – four rooms dedicated to delivering industry leading content
- Dispensing Workshop – a space for visitors to experience the making and fitting frames first-hand
- Design Arcade – an area to discover the latest trends from both emerging and established eyewear brands
- Live Catwalk shows – showcasing the latest trends provided by exhibitors and their amazing brands three times a day
- This year 100% Optical will feature the second edition of the exciting Love Eyewear Awards, a celebration of eyewear designers, manufacturers and retailers. Entries open 18th October 2021 and feature 12 categories including New Designer 2022, Eyewear Retailer of the Year, Luxury Frame of the Year, Kids Eyewear of the Year and Most Engaging Practice Window.
The show will also celebrate Love Eyewear Week (7th to 23rd January 2022) a campaign that aims to help optical practices increase sales, as well as raising awareness and love of the world’s most important fashion accessory.
In an industry that is constantly evolving – be it consumer buying habits, new technologies and products, or the integration of NHS services into the high street – 100% Optical will offer advice in all aspects of running a practice and prepare businesses to take advantage of these changes.
Nathan Garnett, 100% Optical show director, commented: “As the first major gathering of people in optics in the UK since the start of the pandemic, 100% Optical 2022 is a time for whole the industry to once again get together to network and celebrate the optical sector after an incredibly turbulent time.
“We’re also in the midst of launching a one-stop, handy show guide in the form of an app as we pledge to be more sustainable in the current climate not only going as paper free as possible but avoiding any unnecessary contact to bolster what the industry is already doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.”
To coincide with registration for the 2022 show going live, 100% Optical has launched a new website with a fresh look and excellent user experience to showcase the exhibition including its Catwalk, Love Eyewear Awards and the CPD seminars. What’s more, the website also details exhibiting companies and exciting sponsorship and brand awareness opportunities.