A new citywide campaign to build consumer confidence and encourage a responsible recovery in consumer spending is being launched this week, led by an Alliance of more than 100 major London businesses and brought together by London & Partners and supported by the Mayor of London, London Councils and Transport for London.
In a collective response to the coronavirus pandemic,
The campaign, backed by Alliance members including Mastercard and O2,
The Because I’m a Londoner campaign forms one part of the Mayor of London’s #LondonTogether
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan,said: “I’m delighted to support the ‘Because I’m a Londoner’ campaign, which showcases the capital’s fantastic local businesses and encourages Londoners to safely and responsibly rediscover their local high streets and town centres. I’m determined to do all I can to help our city’s businesses navigate the continuing uncertainty. I’m confident this London Alliance will help build new partnerships and collaborations and, ultimately, help London emerge stronger than ever.”
How can businesses get involved:
- Sign up to join the London
Alliance: download the free-to-use marketing assets – accessed via a dedicated website at: londonan dpartners.com/JoinAlliance
- Join businesses across London in a social conversation highlighting London’s amazing local areas, using the hashtag #BecauseImALondoner
- Encourage other businesses and their networks to share stories across their own channels using the campaign hashtag
Laura Citron, CEO, London & Partners, said: “This campaign is the London business community at its best – coming together to support each other and restore confidence. London’s culture and lifestyle make this city amazing: from markets to museums, cafes to clubs, bakeries to ballet. I am confident that Londoners will come together to support their local businesses. The campaign captures the unique spirit of Londoners. We’ve overcome big challenges in the past and we will do so again.”
The London Alliance is
The campaign will:
- Reassure Londoners that going out responsibly is safe for them and for others https://www.gov.uk/
- Show that businesses are responding to the new aspirations of Londoners.
- Give Londoners confidence that going out responsibly will be a great and safe experience.
- Help Londoners support businesses which are currently struggling, in industries including hospitality, retail and leisure.
- Encourage Londoners to share their passion for the city, giving others confidence to experience it too.
Cllr Clare Coghill, London Councils Executive Member for Business, Europe and Good Growth said: “Many businesses have been dealt a huge blow as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. As we begin to emerge from lockdown, Londoners have a real opportunity to make a difference by supporting and celebrating hard-working local traders. This campaign shines a spotlight on the businesses that make London such a vibrant and unique place to live and work. We may be a big city, but the spirit of our communities is present in every borough. Now more than ever is a time to show our support for London’s diverse and wonderful high streets and local businesses.”