This week the Government announced stage 4 of the road map out of the pandemic lockdown restrictions in England from the 19th July 2021, rules will apply within Wales from 17th July 2021. Here at Swansway Group we wanted to reassure all our customers that their health and safety and that of our team members remains our top priority.
To do our bit to reduce the risk of COVID-19 outbreaks, Swansway Group have decided that the transmission preventative measures are in place, shall remain in place, and adhered to by all employees, site visitors and customers.
So here is what customers can expect at a Swansway Group site.
- The wearing of a face covering is required whenever in customer facing areas i.e. dealership showrooms. *Please note that in Wales, face coverings remain a legal requirement indoors.
- Social distancing rules (2 metres or 1 metre with additional mitigations) shall continue to be encouraged.
- Temperature checks for staff and other site visitors will continue – although this will not a requirement for the customer).
- Protective partition screens will remain in place.
- Social distancing signage will remain in place.
- During vehicle test drives unaccompanied control measures will remain in place. However, if both the staff member and customer are agreeable, accompanied test drives are permitted. Staff will ‘ask’ the customer if they would prefer all those involved to wear a face covering. Staff should ensure the vehicle remains well ventilated, and ensure all hard surfaces are sanitised before and after the test drive.
- Hand washing (20 seconds) with soap, water and the use of hand sanitisers will remain in place.
- The cleaning of hard surfaces, frequently used touch points and work equipment with sprays and wipes will remain in place.
There is genuine excitement about the positive steps towards managing the virus, but Swansway Group will be doing all they can to ensure everyone’s ongoing safety.