Two passionate home renovators have embarked on a mission to revolutionise the world of home renovation through the creation of Reno: a free web-based app designed to make bathroom renovation projects simpler, smoother, and more cost-effective.
Available at your fingertips on any desktop, laptop or mobile device, Reno empowers homeowners and tradespeople to take control of their renovation journey right from the start.
With Reno, you can:
- Draw Your Dream: Use a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface to create floor plans that match your vision.
- Visualise Inspiration: Attach photos and inspiration directly to your project for a clear, cohesive vision.
- Step-by-Step Guidance: Answer a series of intuitive questions to capture key decisions that often lead to costly surprises.
- Expert Advice: Benefit from expert guidance that helps you avoid hidden expenses and pitfalls.
- Budget Control: Understand how each decision impacts your budget, ensuring financial control throughout the project.
- Comprehensive Brief: Receive a detailed brief that you can access anytime, anywhere.
- Effortless Collaboration: Share your project with ease, whether through a link or a printed version, to obtain feedback and quotes.
- Stay In Sync: Keep everyone on the same page by updating project details as you progress.
Reno was created by Calum Pringle, from London and Penny Andrews, from Somerset, two passionate home renovators, friends and business partners who have designed and built digital products together for over a decade.
Calum shares the reason behind Reno’s inception:
“Every time we do a home renovation project, we wonder why it isn’t easier by now. Every part of our lives is made easier through an app, a service or a computer somewhere, yet when it comes to home renovation projects, you quickly end up googling things your builder has said, searching forums trying to work out how to do something you’ve seen on Pinterest, panic buying and arguing daily. Projects go over budget, people divorce, and regret work they’ve paid for because, in the end, you’ve had to compromise too many times during the work. You didn’t know that tile edging was a thing you’d have to make a decision on. You didn’t know that wall-hung toilets needed a special frame. The most difficult parts, after finding good tradespeople, are setting a budget, getting comparable quotes, understanding requirements and getting the starting point right (avoiding wasted time). That’s where Reno comes in. Our mission is to make home renovation easier and less stressful for everyone involved – and we’re starting with bathrooms.”
Join us in making home renovation easier, one bathroom at a time.